Are you passionate about riding a Harley Davidson motorcycle for a long distance? Or are you planning to ride? Or do you want to explore the beautiful world riding on a Harley Davidson motorcycle but NO idea where to start, how to plan?
Williams HD would like to suggest you on taking steps and how to prepare your Harley Davidson for a long-distance ride. Depending upon the length of trip you plan for your ride will ensure you are safe, peace of mind on the road.
Before you embark, checkout the service checklist to prepare your Harley Davidson for long distance rides as challenging and make you experience the moment once in your lifetime.
Service Checklist to Prepare Your Harley Davidson Motorcycle
Before planning your ride, it is important to be aware of the following tips to prepare your Harley Davidson motorcycle for long distance ride.
1. Choosing Right Motorcycle:
To make a significant difference in your ride or journey it is a must to choose the right motorcycle. However, there are various kinds of motorcycle that are specifically designed for long distance rides.
● Touring Motorcycle:
If you are going to embark on a grand touring motorcycle are the best option to opt for. Specifically, Harley Davidson motorcycles come with packed features, top quality, and feel comfortable while riding. Following are the list of HD touring motorcycles.
- Harley Davidson Road King
- Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
- Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager
- Honda Gold Wing Tour
- Yamaha Star Venture
- BMW K 1600 Grand America
● Sports Motorcycle:
Harley Davidson sports motorcycles for long distance ride are designed for being fast and nimble with advanced features. It is also the best option to opt for a long-distance ride without breaking your back or wrists. Below are some of the HD sports touring motorcycle are:
- Kawasaki H2 SX SE+
- KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
- Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT
- Ducati Super Sport 950 S
- Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
● Adventure Motorcycle:
Harley Davidson Adventure motorcycles have the ability to handle long distance rides on road trips and tackle any ATV / terrain motorcycle. Usually, they are equipped with large engines and distinct appearance. Some of the popular Harley Davidson adventure motorcycles are listed below:
- BMW R1250GS
- Honda NC750X
- Ducati Multistrada
- Yamaha XT 1200Z Super Tenere
- Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
- Honda Africa Twin
2. Maintenance and Upgrade Your Motorcycle:
Keeping your motorcycle in good condition for a long trip requires regular maintenance to avoid breakdown of your bike around your town. It is always necessary to carry motorcycle accessories such as tool kit, chain oil, extra tires, covers, etc.,
If you are looking to get a Harley Davidson motorcycle or bike Williams HD offers a wide selection of Harley Davidson vehicles pre-owned and new. We provide high quality services to our customers. Get in touch with our experts today.
3. Plan Your Route:
For a long ride it is always better to plan in advance to reach your destination safely and comfortably. Even though you have planned a well-known route, one must be safe and secure. The following are some importing things to remember:
● Check Climate/weather Condition: Keep an eye on weather reports for a safe ride. Whether it is summer, winter, or spring. You can find information about weather conditions on the internet.
● Plan GPS (or) Maps: To find an easy way, map it to your end destination and decide how long it will take you to reach.
● Check Fuel stops: Don’t be overconfident about fuel stops on your way to destination. Stop at the fuel or gasoline area if you have completed half tank refuel it.
T-CLOCS Inspection Checklist to Prepare HD Motorcycle for Long Distance Ride:
T-Clocs inspection checklist is done for motorcycles to make sure it does not have any mechanical hazards. This inspection can be done before starting your ride or after the completion of your ride.
● T- Tires, wheels & Brakes: Before hitting your bike on road inspect your tires, wheels and brakes in following conditions.
- Air Pressure, spokes, cast, rims, bearings, seals, pads and discs for wear
● C - Controls: Inspect your levers to see whether the action and position are correct, and it is properly lubricated. Inspect your HD motorcycle how it is functioning.
- Handlebars, levers and pedal, cables, hoses, throttle, operation, pivots
● L - Lights and Electrics: Inspect our tail lights (red lights, brightness level etc) are functioning properly.
- Battery, tail lamp, turn signals, switches, mirrors, lenses and reflectors, wiring.
● O - Oil & Other Fluids: Check fluid levels for your fuel, oil, brakes, transmission, coolant, and final drive for safety of your bike’s essential systems.
- Engine level & fuel leaks
● C - Chassis: Inspect your chassis for wear and tear, smooth motion, proper adjustment, chains, lubrication.
- Frames, suspension, chains / belt, fasteners
● S - Stands: Inspect your stand whether it retracts properly or not, side stand and straight stand is loose when retracted.
- Center stand, side stand
Planning and preparing in advance is key to getting off on the right path. Follow the service checklist and prepare your Harley Davidson for long distance ride. If you would like to know more about Harley Davidson vehicles get in touch with us. Our team of experts are always available to help you! We wish you a happy and safe ride!